Life with a Mental or Physical Illness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anxiety Drugs

Go down

Anxiety Drugs Empty Anxiety Drugs

Post by visionaryguakim Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:06 am

Anxiety Drugs Psych-text

I’m currently taking a psychology course, which required a textbook that contains useful information. I found a section about drugs, which includes Xanax. It talks about the effects and the withdrawal symptoms. Anyways the textbook says that Xanax is considered a tranquilizer and it can “lower anxiety, have  a calming and sedative effect, and decrease muscular tension.” The calming and sedative effect reminds me of when I got acupuncture. Those needles were like a temporary drug, but I didn’t like it that much because I didn’t like being so calm. I guess I want to be calm without drugs because it’s something I did and it makes me proud. Truthfully, the drug went away and the anxiety appeared again, which is why I think it’s better to try to get calm without drugs.

In the case of Xanax, the withdrawal symptoms stated in the textbook are “restlessness, anxiety, irritability, muscle tension, and difficulty sleeping.” Basically, all the symptoms you had before taking Xanax. So honestly, Xanax seems pointless. I guess people can sometimes take it while trying to figure out how to overcome their anxiety, but I think it’s better to experience the symptoms so you can understand the symptoms better and figure out what helps you overcome it. For instance, if you’re getting anxiety because of a person so a thought is causing the anxiety. That’s when you begin trying different thinking or thoughts until the anxiety goes away. That becomes like a permanent solution instead of a temporary solution, but if you take the tranquilizer you can’t really see what type of thought or thinking can help you overcome the anxiety. Thus, that’s why I said you should experience the symptoms in order to understand it and overcome it.

Here are other drugs that have anxiety as a withdrawal symptom:

Nicotine (tobacco)

Amphetamines

Barbiturates

Tranquilizers (As stated Xanax, but this also includes others)

Marijuana

Written by: Gua
visionaryguakim
visionaryguakim
Admin

http://www.visionaryguakim.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum